Thread: cloudlx, August 2011 Feature Car

cloudlx, August 2011 Feature Car

• Member Name: cloudlx

• Description of your car: 1990 LX 5.0

• Occupation/School: Director of Development, University of Oklahoma

• What is your main use for the car now: Garage queen, occasional cruiser

• What would you LIKE to use the car for in the future: same, just faster

• How did you get into cars: My Dad got me into to cars and I have always owned at least 1 Mustang since I was 18, with the exception of the few months after my son was born. It was something he and I always did together. I really hope to share this car with my son as he gets older.

• Who or What motivates you to keep improving your car: I would stop improving it if it ever got done! There is always something to do, something to improve. Or as my wife puts it, something to fix.

• Add a short story about anything to do with your participation in the hobby or your car here: My wife and I like to take our date nights in it. It’s mainly a cruiser, I have been building it to handle and stop better than any Mustang I have owned.

• Mods: i.e. a list of aftermarket engine / suspension / interior / exterior / wheels / tires parts that you or the previous owner added: There is a bunch more mods but you get the gist-
    1. Stock block 347 stroker

2. Trick Flow heads

3. Trick Flow Stg1 cam

4. Edelbrock RPM u/l intake

5. BBK CAI/76mm C&L maf/70mm BBK tb

6. 24lb injectors/255lph fuel pump
    7. Tremec 3550 trans

8. BBK unequal length shorties/Offroad X through stock pipes

9. Baer brakes front and rear, Cobra brake pump with Wilwood brake proportioning valve

10. Maximum Motorsport suspension- subframe connectors, panhard bar,H&R Super Sport springs, and Tokico shocks

11. 4.10 gears

12. 5 lugged Authentic Cobra R's, 17x9- 255 front/275 rear

• ET times, Dyno Numbers, Awards, Recognition, Race class: 1st Place, 87-95 Mustang, Southmoore Summer Car Show. I don’t race much, the car sees about 1000 miles annually just cruising.

• Purchase: Approximate date. Is there a story behind the purchase? Was it your "dream car"? Purchased it 2 years ago, August 2nd 2009. I sold my last Mustang, a DHG 2001 Bullitt, to buy more responsible transportation once my wife and I got pregnant with our son. She and I agreed that once Max was born that I would buy another one someday, well someday came a little faster than she thought it might, and this car is the result. I spent a lot of time looking for just the right Mustang, this will more than likely be the last one that I own.

• Future plans with this car or with another one: With the stroker done there are some little things that need to be done- tuning and some odds and ends. Later plans call for some boost and a 6sp conversion. Some interior work and new rims are on the list as well.This is really the first Mustang I have had money to spend on upgrading, I want to take my time and do it right.

• Your thanks: I would like to thank my wife, without her this car wouldn't be sitting nice and cozy in my 3rd car garage. She has never driven it, and probably never will, but she still puts up with me spending time and money on it. Also a big thanks to creampuff93 (Sean) for his help with the motor and tranny, without his help this car might have a normal 306 and T-5 in it, the 347 and Tremec are all him.

Congrats Matt... sexy ride for sure

'05 GT 12.6@109 - NA bolt-on GT with 100 shot
    67 Coupe built 302

Congrats! Looks good.
    Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Congrats...Boomer!
    Those looking to pick a fight, probably aren't in one...

Congrats!

Needs more engine/interior pics

07 Saleen Parnelli Jones S-302 #494
    Quote Originally Posted by real danger ranger View Post
    AND I own two, now what? NO one on this board could ever hurt my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by snacksnack View Post
    I wont lie, I have tried. I like the long ones tho.

I will get some interior pics tonight, just the usual fox interior with some 98 GT seats.

Clean ride